May 26, 2012

Camp NaNoWriMo?

This year, I'm going to be a part of the Camp NaNoWriMo in both June and August.  For the past two years, I've tried NaNoWriMo, but I get too busy and lazy that I just can't do it.  And it doesn't help that this year, I'll have two AP classes plus marching band plus all of my Honors classes.  So, unless I can slack of in Honors Spanish 3 (Spanish, for the past two years, has been my slack-off period), I may be able to do it.

Anyways, after that lovely rant...

Last year, I wrote a novel in three weeks time.  For those of you from inkpop, you may know my project, Rush (or Deception).  Well, this year, I plan to write another novel (or maybe to).  I plan on completing Sever, and if I can get to it, either edit Rush or work on my idea I'm currently calling RUT.

Oh! And I have the pitches for Sever.  Look:
Sora has spent the last six years toughening up after the disappearance of her older brothers. No matter what, she wants them back. When she hears word of her elder brother, now the Lord of the land of Cura, all of her training and courage is put to the test. She must travel across two unfamiliar lands in order to find her brother—all the while remaining undetected.

With the help of Eli, everything seems a little more possible. His past is filled with knowledge of the lands, and how to get around without being caught. A promise made in magic binds Eli in Sora’s debt until she finds her brother, assuring his help until the end.

But a revolution is starting in the land of Cura. The only chance Sora has at keeping her brother alive is if she can convince him to step down from power. It’s only a slight bump in the path to what she’s always wanted: her family whole again.

Even then, speaking to him doesn’t mean everything is closer to normal.
(I do not own the image used in the cover.)

So, now that I can update that one page...

For those of you who're going to participate in Camp NaNo, let me know! Maybe we can be cabin mates, or just message each other.

You can find me here.

Have a fun summer guys!  I've only got three more days left.  Oh, and those of you who're American: Happy Memorial Day and I hope you guys enjoy your three day weekend!

Ta-ta!

1 comment:

  1. I'm participating in the June Camp NaNoWriMo too! I probably won't start writing until the second week in June because the first week is full of finals. :(

    ReplyDelete