Dec 2, 2011

Writing Hell 1.2

Week one, day two.

Today, I need to catch up. So I'm making this post quick.

Starting word count: 15535
Ending word count: 16189

I give up. Pulling my attention from the road, I ask, “Papa, why are we going to Moscow?”
Papa glances back at me through the rearview mirror. “There’s a lot of history in the city. I thought it might help explain some things. You can do some research.” He pauses, fingers tapping the steering wheel. “Meet up with some people, hopefully.”
“People? Like who?”
He doesn’t answer, peeving me. I fold my arms over my chest, dip my chin down, and glare at Mama’s seat. Levin’s hand rattles my knee. I look up into a smiling face as he scoots over, now sitting right beside me.
“Do you know what he’s talking about?” I ask, peering up at Levin.
His lips form a tight line. He taps his right picky finger, the joint bouncing on my knee. Finally, he says, “I might have an idea, but I’m not certain. There are many things to do in Moscow.” He laughs. “I could teach you a lot, if Marco doesn’t plan on it.”
I'll post an excerpt in a little bit. In the mean time, leave a link in the comments of your Writing Hells, guys! I'd love to read your works.

No comments:

Post a Comment