Nov 26, 2011

Have I mentioned I have a new idea?

Well, two actually, but only one of them has pitches and more than one chapter written. Do you know what inspired it? Some commercial where a sword goes crashing into the room. I think it might've been a video game commercial, but I don't really remember.

The story's current title is Smolder, but it is most likely going to change, because I don't like it. And here are the  pitches (I, personally, think they're getting better):


It all started with a sword. Crashing through the roof.
Not a nice way to wake up in the middle of the night.

Having to actually save something is the last thing on Milo’s mind. Being a demigod is a close second. Yet now she’s forced to take on these two foreign paths in hopes of keeping some sort of world order. But Milo couldn’t care less about things that don’t involve her.

Levin refuses to let her go down the wrong path. As her Guardian, he guides her as best he can. He’s able to solve many of her mistakes, until she upsets Them—the ones who granted mortals the chances for immortality in the first places. Milo should listen to them no matter what, unless she wants to lose the powers that come with being a demigod.

When it comes to change, Milo’s chances of staying a demigod smolder to dust.

I plan to post it on inkpop next month, on the 21st. And as soon as I have a decent pitch for my latest idea, I'll post it here. This is also one of two/three projects I plan to write for Writing Hell (more info about this will be posted on Wednesday).

Reading update: Currently on page 68 of The Night Circus and loving it!

How's your reading/writing coming along?

No comments:

Post a Comment