Sep 27, 2011

I am crazy. Just a little, though.

Since reading five books at one time plus writing five different stories at once isn't at all strange. But it is the truth.  And I can most likely tell you a little bit about each of the five books I'm reading without getting them mixed up. I think this fact makes up for the fact that I'm a super slow reader. (Nice little random fact there.)

So far, I'm a forth of the way through Blood Red Road by Moira Young. (Which you need to read. I have yet to find any big problems besides the odd style and some grammar stuff.) Almost a forth of the way through Lord of the Flies by William Golding. (For school. Not too great, since the main characters are evil little boys. Besides Piggy. Poor Piggy.) And barely into Divergent by Veronica Roth (it isn't that bad, except the writing needs improvement. Passive voice present tense irks me, and then the lack of contractions plus the whole bunch of telling makes me think of a beginning writer (inkpop status)), Glow by Amy Kathleen Ryan (the first chapter is rather pointless and filled with telling, but I'm going to read past it anyways), and Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater (which I started at the end of the school year last year. Been a while, but I'm pretty sure of what's going on in the story). (Have I mentioned I'm rather good with remembering books? That's a bit of a lie, though.)

And then I'm mostly working on rewrites for Deception, which will be in inkpop's Top 5 at the beginning of next month (at the moment, it'll be #1). Then I'm posting Day One at the end of this month/beginning of next month.

I'm keeping myself rather busy with school and all, but still managing to get a full night's sleep. I just need to make sure I don't get injured at band.

Are you good with reading multiple books at once? How about writing? Or am I the only crazy out there?

-Dylan

(P.S. Be expecting some reviews some time in the middle of next month, if not sooner.)

No comments:

Post a Comment